Monday 10 March 2014

about me...

I live with my partner Mark in what is still a modern timber house that was built in 1958. It is positioned on 5 acres of dry sclerophyll bush just 10 minutes from the city centre of Hobart.  The sun sets behind Mount Wellington and we have a wonderful view of the mountain skyline through the gum trees at the front of our house.


We have two daughters, Rhea 31 and Paige 27 and a Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross called Ruby....a photograph below in the washing basket.  She likes to be cosy!



I appear to have become a mature age student inadvertently in the last year.  Up until the beginning of 2013 I had worked for 10 years as a Researcher for ABC television on Gardening Australia, Collectors and Auction Room until the production unit was made redundant a year ago....so the last year has been an opportunity to rethink the direction of my working life.

I never thought I would want to start studying again...but here I am.  It all started with two practical Certificate lV courses at TasTAFE in 2013 - Small Business Management and Marketing.  I have a plan to start my own small business from home.  

I am really a visual person so now onto things that excite me more!  I have always loved good design whether it is 3D in the round or 2D layout.  This online Graphics Pre Press lll is a good place to start to develop some new skills that should help me promote my business idea.   I am also enrolled at the Tasmanian College of the Arts in Photography 101 in semester 1 and Drawing 101 in semester 2......starting back at the beginning! 

I am feeling a bit daunted and light headed!



No comments:

Post a Comment